Sorry, but no.
You choose your religion. And you choose to adhere to tenets of those religions. There is nothing “innate” about it. While it’s true that you might be born into a religion by virtue of your family, for the most part you can still decide to get the heck out of it.
Same goes for politics.
Body weight is a biological outcome, not a dogmatic one. You can help bring obesity under control through diet and exercise (and especially in the case of the City of New York, through legislative intervention), but even then factors including genetics and limitation of access to healthy food choices may limit such attempts.
You choose your politics; you choose your religion, and thus should be open to criticism for your choices. But no one, no one should be subjected to attack based on their body type alone.
I cannot believe this still needs to be explained to anyone possessing intelligence.
- lili58 reblogged this from ljilja147
- lili58 likes this
- badasslenko likes this
- uncoolteenager reblogged this from sociolab
- rowboatcopss reblogged this from sociolab
- waxwinged likes this
- paintscarlett reblogged this from inothernews
- tough-guy likes this
- shon reblogged this from inothernews
- eye-theuniverse-andyou likes this
- snyderly likes this
- texarshead likes this
- hey-kool-thing reblogged this from inothernews
- riyirowe reblogged this from inothernews
- chockfullof likes this
- goddamnedpansies likes this
- katelynonline reblogged this from amandamightbeabearmaybe
- amandamightbeabearmaybe reblogged this from inothernews
- mindaslittleblog likes this
- ichasethemoon reblogged this from inothernews
- ichasethemoon likes this
- prototypeboy reblogged this from inothernews
- ljilja147 likes this
- marsthebringerofwar reblogged this from eversonpoe and added:
- kaiserkassie likes this
- milyi-misha reblogged this from inothernews
- sensiblestupidity reblogged this from inothernews
- flufflogic likes this
- jocicausa reblogged this from inothernews
- jocicausa likes this
- process-effect likes this
- okazaki--fragments likes this
- flesheaters likes this
- unfocus likes this
- pagan-chan reblogged this from some-radical-notion
- pagan-chan likes this
- intothehurricane likes this
- kquizzo likes this
- theancientone55 likes this
- lufrias likes this
- serpentineandblack likes this
- pizened likes this
- mlxhobbes reblogged this from rescuetotheliz and added:
- lightsoutfordarkerskies likes this
- thepeopleseason reblogged this from inothernews
- wind-at-your-back said: Political and religious views are just that - views. They are something we choose, knowingly or not, and to say otherwise isn’t just false, it’s childish. Take responsibility for your decisions like an adult!
- juststickwiththedrumroll likes this
- foxwithsocks said: So people choosing to eat say, McDonald’s over Subway every day and then sit down and watch tv all day. that’s not actually their choice, that’s genes?
- apricotlenses likes this
- reality-sandwiches reblogged this from scentofsummer